for Economic Development in Wilson, KS
There are a multitude of resources through both local and state channels available to help with start-up or business expansions. Here are a few of those helpful resources:
- Land/Parcel Inventory - Available property is maintained through a portal known as LOIS. If you are in need of land for a business venture, inventory can be explored through this portal, but Smoky Hill Development Corporation may be aware other inventory or help navigate the channels to obtain the parcels that meet your needs.
- Mid-America Manufacturing Technology Center - The Mid-America Manufacturing Technology Center (MAMTC) provides measurable productivity and profitability gains to manufacturers throughout Kansas. As a not-for-profit organization, MAMTC's experts bring unbiased recommendations and world-class techniques to manufacturing, printing and distribution companies. MAMTC's 20/20 vision focuses on 20 person cost reductions to keep manufacturing companies competitive and communities thriving.
- Tenant Based Rental Assistance - Ellsworth County is a participating jurisdiction in the HOME Investment Partnerships Program (HOME), which permits flexible programs that provide assistance to individual households to help them afford the housing costs of market-rate units.
- Kansas Department of Commerce - Regional Project Managers and Field Workers. Please contact Smoky Hill Development Corporation for more information.
- Network Kansas - Smoky Hill Development Corporation is a proud partner with Network Kansas. NetWork Kansas is devoted to the growth of entrepreneurship and small businesses throughout the state of Kansas. Our mission is to promote an entrepreneurial environment by providing a central portal that connects entrepreneurs and small business owners with the Expertise, Education and Economic Resources they need in order to succeed.
Entrepreneurs and small business owners are encouraged to visit www.networkkansas.com or call 877-521-8600 to speak with a Network Kansas referral coordinator to be connected with local resource partners who can assist them.
- Northcentral Kansas Regional Planning Commission - Please contact Smoky Hill Development Corporation for more information.
- Northcentral Kansas Community Network Co. - Please contact Smoky Hill Development Corporation for more information.